Tattoo painting

Tattoo painting

My Cock

My Cock
This is gonna be in my show coming up in April

Style

Style

thirsty

thirsty
oil paint

my dog

my dog

skateboard and snowboard logo

skateboard and snowboard logo
OIl and acrylic

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Skate Board/ Grffiti/ Tattoo comic project

My goals for this term are to present a series of water paintings that have a comic story board. To be more specific I have an idea about skateboard art with a twist of graffiti and tattoo art.

Last quarter I challenged myself with a comic that took far too long because I tried coloring it in with colored pencil, this is why I am going with the water painting technique. I believe that it will bring excitement and life to the art that I present. Not to mention the size of the pages will be larger than a normal eight by eleven in paper.

I am going to continue to be creative and push myself with my pencil techniques to set up the color combinations that I feel represent me. This includes trying to use the whole color wheel. In my eyes water painting is the same as tattooing and that is a huge passion for me.

My primary base of study deals with several different sources such as Skate Board Art by Jim Phillips, Street Sketchbook by Tristan Manco, Graffiti World by Nicholas Ganz, Tattoo art Magazine, Flash, Tattoo Life, Inked, Flight by Kazu Kibuishi, Hack / Slash by Tim Seeley, and not to mention marvel comics and DC comics.

My time line is going to include at least one page per week for the quarter. Not sure if this is going to be plausible because I’m not sure how long the water painting is going to take but it is a goal. All in all I will have around 7 or 8 pages of good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment